What is CAS Letter? Know All About CAS Requirement, Validity and Deadline
Table of Content
What is CAS Letter?
Universities in the UK give the “Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies” (CAS) letter to applicants who have been awarded a place in a program of study.
if you are an international student, you must get a CAS letter from an academic institution located in the United Kingdom. This is so that a student may only obtain a student visa after accepting an offer and paying the required payment.
The CAS letter typically includes all of your essential information, including your name, the name of your institution, the course you are enrolled in, how long you plan to study there, and a personal CAS number. It appears as follows:
Details in a CAS letter
The CAS letter includes the following information
- Personal information: The CAS letter will include your full name, date of birth, and passport number.
- Information about the course: The CAS letter will include information about the course you have been approved to take, such as its name, start date, and length.
- Course fees: The CAS letter will list the tuition fees and any other course-related fees that you are required to pay.
- Maintenance requirements: The UK government requires that international students demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to cover their living expenses while studying in the UK. The CAS letter will list the amount of money that you are required to have in your bank account in order to meet this requirement.
- Sponsorship information: The CAS letter will include information about any scholarships you have received or sponsors who are paying for your education.
- English language competency: If you are not a natural English speaker, you must pass an authorized English language exam to verify your level of proficiency. Your test information and test results will be included in the CAS letter.
Requirement and Validity of CAS Letter
These are a few important requirements of the CAS letter
- Offer of a place: You must have been given an unconditional offer of a spot on a program of study at a UK academic institution that is a registered Tier 4 sponsor in order to earn a CAS.
- Financial requirements: You must show that you have the money to cover your tuition and living costs while you are a student in the UK.
- English language proficiency: If you are not a natural English speaker, you must show that you can communicate in English at an intermediate level.
- CAS number: At the time it is granted, a CAS is valid for six months. Within these six months, you must utilize the CAS number to submit an application for a Tier 4 student visa.
- Course start date: The start date of your Tier 4 study visa will coincide with the beginning of your course of study as indicated on your CAS. Be sure you get to the UK prior to the commencement date shown on your visa.
Recommended Read: Two Months Study Plan For IELTS Preparation
CAS Letter Deadline
The CAS letter, which confirms acceptance for studies, is good for six months after it is issued. Within these six months, you must utilize the CAS number to submit an application for a Tier 4 student visa. It’s crucial to remember that the CAS letter deadline might change according to the university and the degree of study.
Some institutions or colleges could have their own internal requirements that must be satisfied before they will send CAS letters, and they might also have deadlines for when they will do so. For instance, you might need to show proof of your financial support or your English language ability.
It’s crucial to confirm with your university what steps must be taken and by when to acquire a CAS letter. Also, you should confirm the most recent processing timeframes for visa applications with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), as this may alter the deadline for your application.
To know more about It and why it is required, you can get in touch with the counselor, Contact Now!
Toronto Metropolitan University: Rankings, Innovation, and SustainabilitySep 25, 2023
- English Test
PTE Academic - Mastering the Read Aloud QuestionSep 22, 2023
- Career Counselling
Summing up international student work rights in 5 top study abroad destinationsSep 22, 2023
Top 10 universities to study data analytics in the UKSep 21, 2023
How to Get Health Insurance on a UK Student Visa?Sep 20, 2023
Upcoming intake in Australia 2023-2024 for international studentsSep 19, 2023
- Courses And Programs
Should I apply for a STEM degree abroad?Sep 18, 2023
Studying Nursing in Australia - Your Pathway to PRSep 15, 2023
The International Student Experience in Canada: Pros and ConsSep 14, 2023
How to apply Student Visa in DubaiSep 13, 2023
Top 7 Places to Visit in Vancouver as an International StudentSep 11, 2023
Australia: average visa processing time down to 16 daysSep 8, 2023
Secure 100% Scholarship in University of Southampton MalaysiaSep 7, 2023
Life in Vancouver for International StudentsSep 6, 2023
University Canada West (UCW): Ranking, Courses and Admission 2024Sep 5, 2023
- English Test
Unlock PTE Preparation Plan for SuccessSep 2, 2023
Discover Southwestern University: Academics, Athletics, and International CultureSep 1, 2023
Top 6 countries for Pakistani students to study abroadAug 30, 2023